I have moved to www.trafotoz.com

July 25, 2017

Southern France | Travel Blog



If you love food, sunshine and wondering down cute little side streets, then Southern France is for you.


It has always been where my family and I go on holiday. It's somewhere I have been going since I was 9 years old- wow! We probably went around every 3 years which helps you to appreciate this place even more. I love France and always will. But having been there often we think this was our last time there *cries uncontrollably*


Between the culture, food, the weather and its scenery - what's not to love? I wake up and eat a freshly baked Croissant with some Orange Juice and look onto my gorgeous view of a pool and the mountains behind. Could I get used to this? Uh yes!

We also visited many markets within different villages throughout France such as Pézenas and Carcassonne.

Fantastic Food? The best! France is known for its cuisine and with every meal comes a basket of bread, ofc. During the day you would see many people sit outside bars and cafe's drinking, talking and 'people watching'. People watching is just as its sounds, they sit and drink whilst watching the world go by. They are super relaxed which is probably why they have a much more calmer lifestyle than we do back in the UK.

What About The Markets? Usually I find them boring but honesty if you go at the right time its pretty good. You could spend around 20 minutes wandering around the stalls and a further hour just exploring the surrounding villages whilst talking a small break for a drink or some lunch. I actually purchased a moisturiser made from Donkey's milk which smells and feels amazing on my skin - would highly recommend.
They sell anything from handmade jewellery to bread, hot and cold food, meats, t-shirts and wallets. They also sell about a million different types of cheese that you could smell from miles away.

And When You Were Not Out? On the relaxing days aka 'Pool days', I made this delicious Watermelon Cooler from scratch. 4 ingredients (all of which is fruit). Gotta have something healthy to balance out all that food, right?
What Is So Special About Carcassonne? Well number one, its's beautiful. The Château Comtal is a medieval castle within the Cité of Carcassonne, the largest city in Europe and is actually France's second most popular tourist attraction after the Tour Eiffel. It's quite cool walking through the Cité thinking about it's medieval past. The shops are little but some are also expensive.
PS: They also had a chocolate shop!
  








I mean how good does this food look?!







Sidenote...I swear in my past life I lived or travelled in between Paris and Southern France...I just don't get why I am so attached to this place before I even visited!



Cute, Colourful Side-streets...Their little side streets are incredibly cute, colourful and beautiful. They have small shops too just like in Carcassonne but I prefer these ones simply because this is probably my favourite place in Southern France. I want to say where it is but I think I shall leave this place a secret for now, I love it too much.



What To Do...You can do 101 things from cycling, horse-riding, waters-sports and Go-Karting but this activity by far has to be one of my favourite - Kayaking! My dad and I went via a company called Blue Bear. I was sceptical at first considering I had only ever done this during a trip with my class in a loch but this was in the Mediterranean Sea with strangers. Thankfully a few people spoke English but it just kind of reminded us how bad our French actually was. So if you ever get the chance I would 100% recommend this to you.




You can also follow me here and see my France Playlist!



© Trafotoz. Do not save, screenshot or use these photographs. They are copyrighted to me and therefore are not allowed to be distributed and must remain on this site only.

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Beautiful photographs. Makes me want to go there immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You should if you get the chance - wonderful place!

      Delete
  2. Love the photos and descriptions! Ive never seen so much tasty looking bread before 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It tasted amazing. Although now I'm back home, I'm avoiding it since I've had so much 😂

      Delete
  3. This is great! I was literally thinking to myself the other day of where I would like to visit in Europe next and France came to mind! This helps me determine that I want to go there soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's great to hear :) If you visit I hope you enjoy it all!

      Delete
  4. These are some amazing photos! I'll have to travel here someday. The bread looks sooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - their bread is always the best :)

      Delete
  5. I love France such an enchanting place with wonderful food, wine and culture and yet I was so disappointed in Carcassone, it felt so fake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Sad to hear that. It has changed a lot recently and become so much nicer! I am not a wine drinker but the French are known for their good wine :D

      Delete
  6. Thank you! I love Paris. Only ever been once but hope to return soon. Definitely check it out Southern France if you get the chance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your article is alluring. Hope to visit there once.

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright © 2014 - 2017 Trafotoz, unless otherwise noted. Template: pipdig